Search This Blog

Monday, March 3, 2014

Vick's


There is a new (old) smell, wafting through the Waldron household these days.  It is the smell of Vick's Vapo Rub.

I can't say that my children enjoy being greased down (or is it greased up?) with Vick's, but it sure seems like they cough less after it is applied.  It is an old fashioned remedy that is still around today.

The smell is unmistakable.  I have but to walk into a room with someone who is wearing the scent of Eau de Vick's and you know, without a doubt that they are struggling with a cold.

I trust that Christian people are identifiable as well -- almost as though by an aroma that they emit.  It's a new scent:  Christianity por hommes and femmes.

The way that I give this scent off is by being Christ like.  For, only as I am Christ to others can I impact a world in a way that leads to Him.

II Corinthians 2:15  "For we are like a sweet-smelling incense offered by Christ to God, which spreads among those who are being saved and those who are being lost."

No comments:

Post a Comment