Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2014

The Art Master


My daughter, Anna, fancies herself an artist.  There is no telling how many sheets of paper she has filled up with her drawings.

The funny thing is that her younger brother Vince, likes to draw too.  But, what Vince likes to draw are copies of Anna's pictures.

They aren't terribly good forgeries -- I guess what you would expect of a five year old copying a seven year old's art work.  Yet, that's what he draws.

At the same time, it speaks to me of my influence.  Anna is no Rembrandt in her art or, a paragon of virtue in other areas of her life, but her younger brothers look up to her and emulate her behaviors, both good and bad.

Somebody follows you, watching the things you do...

Jesus is watching, maybe Barack Obama is watching, but I know for certain that many little eyes are watching the things I do.  I not only can, but will influence them to do right or wrong with each decision that I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment