Search This Blog

Monday, September 2, 2013

What do you put on your corn?


"I want butter on my corn," Anna said.

"How do you ask?"  Elaine said.

"Please."

Elliot looked over at me.  "I... I... I... want... Peanut Butter on my corn," he said.

It is sweet corn season now and people eat their corn different ways.  I eat mine without anything on it, just the way God made it (except cooked, of course).  Elaine and Anna eat their with butter and salt.  And Elliot... Elliot thinks he would like it best with peanut butter.

Cruel as we are as parents, we just gave it to him with butter and not peanut butter.  You see, I don't believe he really would eat sweet corn with peanut butter on it.

There have been many times that I prayed to God for something and He did not give it to me and I was glad in the end.  I don't know the future and it is entirely possible that the thing I "desperately" need today, I won't even care about tomorrow.

I am glad.  Glad that God hears me and that He gives me the things that I really want, even when I ask for something completely different.

"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings to deep for words."  Romans 8:26,27

No comments:

Post a Comment