Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2013

96 Hours


One of the benefits of being married to a super couponer, is that you get to be on the cutting edge of technology.  At least the cutting edge with regard to toothpaste, and deodorant.  Recently, Elaine bought me some deodorant that is guaranteed to last for 96 hours (at least if it doesn't get wet).

I am not sure what I imagined the future to be like when I was a boy.  Talking computers, robots, and flying cars come to mind, but this is amazing!

I am not sure exactly what the benefits of this extra long-lasting deodorant are, anyway.  I guess it allows one to bathe as often as Europeans, but smell better.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but whatever it says on the deodorant label, I'm still planning to bathe semi-regularly (daily) and refresh my deodorant semi-regularly as well.

I just don't really believe that you can bathe once a week and have the same aroma as if you bathe every day.  Even if you have an hour long shower and it is a really intense experience.

There are people who believe that quality is more important than quantity.  One super-aggressive hour work out a week is enough.  One quality evening a week with your children is enough.  But it isn't.  Daily time spent is what is needed.

This is even more true when it comes to spending time with God.  Having a once a week prayer and Bible study "jam session" is just not enough.  In fact, it is a recipe for distance from Him and spiritual weakness.

Instead, I must take time and effort to speak to Him and listen to Him every day.  There is no new technology that takes the place of daily time with God.  And when I do not take the time for Him, I am the one who suffers.

No comments:

Post a Comment