Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

Okra



Loving someone will drive you to do crazy things.  Some people will buy dozens of roses, some are so in love that they will jump over couches.  I am so in love with Elaine that this spring I planted okra in our garden.

It is not that I mind okra that much.  It just happens to be one of the few foods that I like less than turnip greens.  On the other hand, Elaine has fond memories of eating fried okra, as a girl, and so I planted a row of okra in our garden.

Of course, this meant that I would help take care of it and last week, I ate it with the rest of the family, when our plants produced a bumper crop.

This is the way love is.  The verse says:  "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."  But when you love someone, it is best to do unto them what they would have you do unto them.

For, love is paying attention to who my wife is and then, loving that person.  Even if it mean planting okra in our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment