Search This Blog

Friday, January 31, 2014

Seeing the Light


It is winter time, here in Indiana, or so I have been told.  "The coldest winter in fifteen years!"  I think for many people, the coldness is the hardest thing to deal with in winter.  It certainly has been cold, but you can always put on another layer of clothes to deal with the frigid temperatures.

The hardest thing for me to deal with, this time of year, is the darkness.  So often, I leave for work in the dark and come home in the dark.  Even when I go out in the middle of the day, I can only see slate gray skies above me.

Yet, even in the midst of the darkest season of the year, there are still moments of light.  There are times -- usually at sunset or, sunrise -- when the sun manages to peak his face beneath the furrowed brows of the clouds to play peak-a-boo with Hoosiers (and probably Buckeyes too).

As someone who enjoys photography, I watch for these moments, for they make all the difference.  Without that light, the scenes are drab and gray -- almost colorless.

In this world, there is much darkness and I have no idea how much darker it can get.  It is easy to feel pessimistic, doubting that in a world full of such evil, that anything good can triumph.  But I know without a doubt that the people who walked in darkness have seen a great light.

I will choose to pursue the Light, even in a world full of darkness.  For, as long as I can see Jesus and experience His light, the darkness will never overwhelm me.

No comments:

Post a Comment