Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

Seasons

I like seasons.  I know that at this time of year,  there are plenty of people wishing that there were giant hair driers positioned over the Midwest, blowing snow clouds north.  Every day, patients of mine inform me "I was ready for spring six weeks ago!"

It just seems right that there should be times of warm and times of cold.  Without cold, there could be no snow, and without snow, there would be no sledding or skiing.

Probably the thing that I like best about winter is how it changes the way everything looks.  There is a different kind of beauty in every season, but I think that I like winter about the best.  Seeing the white blanket of snow over everything turns a gray season into a sparkly wonderland.  As ice forms on local lakes, I take my camera and stalk the loveliness that I see.

For, Ecclesiastes is right.  In chapter 3, it says "He has made everything beautiful in its time."  And while some crave the beauty of spring or, the loveliness of autumn, I will enjoy the beauty of whatever season I am in -- even if I have to wear gloves to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment