Search This Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

Jellies


Elaine made a lot of jelly last summer.  There were batches of peach jam, strawberry jam, black raspberry jelly, and peach-blueberry jam.  Oh, and I forgot grape jelly.

I guess I eat a fair amount of jelly.  I usually have two slices of toast for breakfast and somehow, a generous portion of the jam du jour seems to find its way onto my crunchy bread.

If you asked me what my favorite jam was, I would probably say "peach."  But I am awfully glad that Elaine made more varieties than just peach.  Even the best tasting foods can old, if there is nothing available for a change.

It is variety that makes life interesting.  My daughter believes that she could eat Macaroni and Cheese and Hot Dogs every day and never get tired of them, but I know that is not true.

It is far better to accept the variety that God has woven into our lives than to resist it.  I may like peach jam a lot, but it is awfully nice to have a little grape jelly now and then too.

No comments:

Post a Comment