Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

Immunity


I have a cold, right now.  To be technical, I have an upper respiratory infection, probably caused by some type of virus.  It could be a Corona Virus or a Rhino Virus, but the end result is the same.  It's a cold.

When I am sick, I often hear comments like:  "So doctors get sick too?"  and "Physician heal thyself."  And that's fine, if not particularly original.

In fact, I am glad that I am not sick more often.  I take care of sick folks all day long -- many of them children who lack any sense of decorum when they sneeze and cough.  Despite this, I am only sick a couple of time a year.

I attribute this to good hand washing and an amazing immune system.  Now, it isn't amazing because it is mine.  It is amazing because a wonderful Creator designed it and placed it within me.

I am fearfully and wonderfully made, even when I am sick.  I know that the only thing that will heal me from my cold was given to me by the One who cares for me and watches over me.  For, there is nothing like a healthy immune system to deal with viruses in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment