Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Car Seat Distress


It was just forty-five minutes after we had left home that the crying started.  Elliot, just eighteen months old at the time, was tired of sitting in his car seat.  No amount of offered activities or toys would console him.

Still we drove on.  If Elliot had only known, we were taking this trip, both to visit the zoo and to see his grandparents.  Even so, I doubt that understanding this would have made much of a difference.  He was just fed up with his car seat and the trip.

As I think of the journey that I have travelled, there have been many moments where I was not too different from my son.  I knew God's promises, but I did not really believe that He was taking me anywhere that I really wanted to go.

Verses like Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end" would rise before me and I was unable to see it.  For I could not see how the results of such a journey could be a blessing.

My Father is wise and He leads me well.  Every hard journey has had a blessing in the end -- some of them found in the midst of darkest days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment