Search This Blog

Monday, July 1, 2013

Airport Bathroom Struggles



I was standing in a bathroom at an airport when a young boy caught my eye. He was in a stall and was experiencing great difficulties. He was trying to figure out how to flush a commode with an automatic flush device on it.

He started off pushing on the back of the toilet. Then, he began to hit it with his hands. Finally, when nothing else worked, he lined up and kicked it, like an NFL player making a game-winning field goal. Nothing happened. Disgusted and frustrated, he began to walk away when “hey presto” the toilet flushed itself.

Too often I am like this lad.  I push and pull at things I do not understand, trying to get them to work out. Rather than patiently waiting, I forge ahead.

Finally, when nothing works, I step aside and God, with a simple wave of His hand, flushes away my troubles. If only I had started with Him in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment