Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

No Dolphins

 


Anna and Vince were in a pretty hard to please state of mind when we went to the zoo.  Honestly, every time we said "Look Vince, a tiger!" (or whatever other animal we were looking at), Vince would reply emphatically "No Tiger!"

Then, when we left, Elaine asked Anna what her favorite animal was.  Anna thought just a little bit and the said "Dolphins."

Now, there are no dolphins at the Louisville Zoo.  "No," Elaine said.  "What was your favorite animal of the ones that we saw at the zoo?"

Anna said again, "Dolphins," and then as if to explain, she said, "I wish we had gone to a zoo that had dolphins at it."

Now, it has been a long time since we didn't go to the dolphin show at the Indianapolis Zoo, but Anna still remembers it quite well.  Yet, it does her no good to bring it up after we visited a very fine zoo and it only serves to make her seem ungrateful.

And it strikes me that the Father of Lights have given me many good gifts and even some perfect gifts.  And I see them and turn up my nose at them for, though they are nice, they are not really what I wanted.

And this does not make me feel any better, in fact, it makes my out look much gloomier than it should be.  Then too, it makes my heavenly Father displeased.  For, all of the good things He has planned for me are completely wasted by one ungrateful breath.


(This was written after a visit to the zoo in February of this year.  We went last Saturday and everybody had a much better time)...

No comments:

Post a Comment