Search This Blog

Friday, November 1, 2013

Bob Evans


My children love the restaurant Bob Evans.  I am not totally sure why that is.  Certainly not for the frequent coffee refills (they don't drink coffee) or, the new entrees on the menus (they order the same things every time).

The menus items for them are usually things like Macaroni and Cheese or, Chicken Strips with Smiley Face Potatoes.  Yet, the last time we went, Anna leaned over and asked Elaine:  "Mom, how do they cook things so that they taste so much better than at home?"

If I had to guess as to why they like Bob Evans so much, I think it would be because their father likes is a lot as well.  When I was a boy, it was the restaurant that our family ate at the most.

I don't really know what my Heavenly Father thinks about Bob Evans (I doubt He is interested in smiley face potatoes), but I certainly know many things that excite Him and please Him.  I am afraid that they don't always excite me.

But if my children can get excited by Bob Evans, because I like going there, surely I can do the same.  For, whatever goals I have in this life, to please my Father has got to be at the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment