Search This Blog

Friday, May 9, 2014

Lucky Dog!


I was going through the check out line and carefully put several items on the belt.  I placed there some wrapping paper, a bow, and an anniversary card.  Then, I lifted a fifty pound bag of dog food so the cashier could scan its price.

The cashier looked at all of the items.  "Well," she said.  "Somebody's going to be a very lucky dog!"

I laughed with her.  It was coming up on my wedding anniversary and I already had a gift, but not a card, or wrapping paper.  My dog Zeus needs to eat too, regardless of the occasion.  I could see how it could be a reasonable conclusion to draw from my purchases.

It is really hard to draw accurate conclusions based on small bits of information.  Of course, Sherlock Holmes could tell how tall someone was and whether or not he liked Country Music based on a gum wrapper, but I cannot do the same.

Jumping to conclusions is a good way to stir up trouble.  In the end, the only way to know if a man has an awesome dog, or an anniversary coming up is to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment