Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2014

Dirty Feet


I'm not sure why, but when the temperature hits about fifty degrees, many children start to run around out of doors with no shoes.  It is a little odd to see my children running around with a coat and bare feet, but I guess that it works.  Perhaps they have a point.  I have heard many a statement about the amazing amount of heat you lose through your head -- never one about how much you lose through your feet.

Anyway, bare feet makes for dirty feet -- sometimes really dirty feet.  The other day, I was giving Elliot a bath and noticing his filthy feet, I said "Whose feet are really dirty?"

As quick as anything, he replied:  "Vince's!"

"No," I said.  "Your feet are really dirty, Elliot."

"No," he shrieked.  "My feet aren't dirty, Vince's are!"

I'm not sure why he was so offended that I should identify his feet as dirty, but he knew how to deflect the accusation.  All he had to do was to point to his brother's feet.

I can identify all too well with my three year old.  For, I am clean, but not all.  Yet, it does me no good at all to shift attention to my brother's problems, rather than deal with sin in my life. 

I have learned long ago that it is better to let your Dad wash your feet, than to go to bed with mud between your toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment