Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2022

The Junkyard Lily

 


The House of Waldron maketh many bags of refuse every week.  It so passed that one Saturday, I loaded these sacks of garbage into the rear of my chariot and drove it, post-haste, to the Garbage Transfer Station.

Now, I have heard tales of mythical lands in which conveyances pass through the land collecting Garbage.  Whether these tales be true or no, in my land, if I did not carry mu trash to the dump, it would stay within my home and that, my friends, would be a Smelly Proposition.

As I whipped up my horse to turn into the trash collection area, I saw once more the typical scene.  On one side standeth a trash compactor.  Nearby, there is a tiny house and a port-a-john.  Around all of this lies a fence -- I suppose that someone may not steal trash After Hours.

Between the appearance of the trash and its smell, this site is not on any bucket list, or the list of Top Tourist Destinations (I have checked).  It works for its purpose and that's about all you can say about it.

On this particular journey, I noticed the typical drab appearance.  Then, my eyes saw that a single, yellow lily was blooming at the edge of the property, near the fence.

In that moment, my heart lifted a little bit.  My mind was drawn to contemplate the subject of Beauty rather than Garbage.

It is the Way of the World to drag out spirits downward.  Seeing the devastation around us, the anger on Social Media, and the Cultural Chaos that abounds, it is easy to descend into darkness.

While we cannot control the darkness of the world around us, we can reflect a ray of light.  Perhaps we can be the reason that someone's heart is warmed, which had gone Ice Cold.

Blooming, like a lily in junk yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment