Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2022

Unexpected Bliss

 


One day, it came into my heart to go forth and take photos the following morning.  With this idea firmly planted in my mind, I made ready my chariot, and prepared my image boxes.  Silver halide plates being in short supply, I made do with something called a Digital Camera.

Last of all, I studied the stars and planets and in consultation with Google, found that the sun would arise at 5:59 am, give or take 45 seconds.  Thus I went to bed feeling prepared for my Final Assault on the summit.

I arose early the following morning, as was my wont.  I set a device called a GPS to direct me to a location where I felt certain the sun would not only rise, but I would be able to capture a Good Image of it doing so.

I went, not really paying attention to path wither I went.  Lo, it came to pass that eventually my GPS said, "You have arrived," but when I peered from the windows of my carriage, I saw not the sights I had expected to see.  Though I was not Nowhere, the Somewhere where I was happened to be in the middle of a housing development.  Somewhat like Yankee Doodle, I would not see the sun come up, there were so many houses.

It was with a sad heart that I made my way towards my home.  It was an early morning wasted and all because technology had led me astray.

On my way back to my place of abode, I came around a corner to see a beautiful spot where the rising sun radiated through the mist.  A little while later I saw another Promising Spot and once again, I paused to capture a few photos.

When I arrived back at my dwelling place, I had different photos than I had expected, but I was still pleased.

I pondered the experience I had on my early morning jaunt.  Many have been the times that the Journey of Life did not grant me the blessings that I was expecting and yet, I received other, unexpected blessings along my way.  Perchance, if I was honest, the Unexpected Blessings were better than those I had planned to receive.

Solomon said, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding and He shall direct thy paths."

Trusting means allow our Heavenly Father to guide our paths.  So often when we do so, He turneth expected blessing into unexpected bliss.  For, He will turn the Greatest Darkness into a stabbing, joy-filled Light.

That is just the kind of God He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment