Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2016

A Thanksgiving Parable


It came to pass that one day, I did meet a woman with whom I am acquainted.

And I said to her, "What doest thou here?"  For, it was her Day Off.

"I'm just getting ready to brush my teeth," she said.  "For, my way will pass through the office of my dentist today."

"Verily, they will For Sure be glad you brushed your teeth prior to going there," I said.

"I must confess," she told me.  "That I thought by the time I got to my age, I would not have to visit the dentist any more."

"I suppose, you could request them to pull all of your teeth when you go today,"  I told her.  "That certainly would save Much Time in the future."

The woman was greatly silent for a period of time and then she said, "I think I would rather keep going to the Dentist."

As I reflected upon it, it struck me that there are many who would rather complain about their Dentist than thank the Lord who gave them teeth that still may chew a Hamburger Patty from their favorite Burger Joint.  For truly it is far easier to complain than to give thanks.

To judge from Facebook and Twitter, people are often Upset and don't have a whole lot to be grateful for.

But for me, I am glad that I have Teeth to Smile, a Voice to Praise my God, and a Heart to Love Him.

Above all, I have a desire to push away complaining and Be Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment