Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2016

Behold, I Am Coming Soon


The clock is ticking down to one of the most difficult presidential election decisions that I can remember.  Two of the most disliked people in America have somehow made it to the point where one of them will be elected President of the United States.

Many Americans feel like they are choosing between getting cancer or, heart disease.  They aren't enjoying the choice.

The good news, in a time of anxiety like this, is that God is still in control and He always has been.  That does not mean that bad things can't happen -- they have in the past and they will in the future.  What it does mean is that neither Donald Trump, or Hilary Clinton can alter the goal that God has for this earth.

As I think about it, maybe we are headed for the last days spoken of in Revelation.  I certainly don't understand most of that book, except to see that it is filled for the most part with images of death, despair, and judgment.

It would be easy to panic when thinking about a future like that.

There is one other message that is repeated three times in the final chapter of Revelation:  "Behold, I am coming soon."

It is a promise to those who love Jesus that one day He will return in the clouds.  And not death, or life, or angels, or things present, or things to come will be able to keep His people from His side in that day.

I have a feeling that dark days are ahead, but there is one promise I hold to through it all, "Behold, I am coming soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment