Search This Blog

Friday, December 1, 2017

Clear Vision


The lady siting across from sighed a little.  "I hope this is that last surgery," she said.

"I would think so," I said.

"The eye doctor's don't really give me hope of regaining vision in my eye," she said.  "After all of these surgeries, they just are trying to save the eye itself."

"That has to be hard," I said.

"You know," she said.  "I did get a little tearful when they told me that.  But last time I was here, you prayed with me and I have a lot of other people praying too and my God is big enough to heal my eye -- or to take care of me if it isn't healed too."

I was silent and she continued.  "I was reading about Fannie Crosby and how she lost her vision at a really young age and went on to write songs like "Blessed Assurance."  I thought to myself that she was able to bless people even though she was blind.  I need to think about how I can bless people around me and not focus on how well my eyes see, or don't see."

I was challenged by this little encounter.

The question really isn't whether God is big enough to take care of the things I face.  Of course He is.  The question is really about focus.

The days in which I focus on the things I lack are filled with discouragement.  The days I don't focus so much on myself, but rather look for ways that I can help others and "be Jesus" to them are filled with blessing.

I want to walk each day with this knowledge firmly in my mind. 

This lady, with only one good eye, had far clearer vision than most of us with a working pair.  Truly, she blessed me that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment