Search This Blog

Friday, July 14, 2017

Letting People Know


It was four hours into our ten hour flight from Vienna to Washington D. C.  Vince was looking at a book about butterflies.  I was watching Elliot squirming and thinking that it was about time to walk him down the aisle to give him (another) bathroom break when I saw the flight attendants coming down the aisle to pick up food trays.

Anna was sitting across the aisle from the boys and me.  When the flight attendant came to her, Anna handed her tray to the lady and then handed her a piece of paper.  The woman unfolded it and then gave Anna a beaming smile.

I knew without seeing it what that paper was. 

Anna has taken to writing little notes to cleaning staff at hotels, waitresses, and other sundry folk telling them that they are doing a good job and thanking them for it.  It clearly makes a difference.  People seem to light up more than they would from a twenty-five dollar tip.

I suppose it is something that I think about a lot.  It is a blessing to find someone who says thank you.  It is a joy to see a child who sees a thankless job that is overlooked and is grateful for it -- and then proceeds to let others know.

I know that over the past several months, my family and I have been abundantly blessed.  People have given to us until our cup has run over.  They have helped in so many ways that I cannot begin to share them all.

I may not be able to draw a picture of you (that is recognizable as a human) or do anything else in recognition, but I am still grateful.  God has blessed me in so many ways through others, there is just one thing I can say as I think about it.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment