Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2017

Snow Days and Sledding


The snow was floating down as I drove home.  It wasn't a heavy snow fall by any means -- folks in Manitoba probably wouldn't even call it a snow fall -- but it was enough to make the roads slick and let me knock off work early.

When my children saw me come in from the cold, they lit up.  "Daddy, Daddy!"  Victoria shouted and came up to give me a hug (she gives the best hugs).

After I had eaten a little lunch, I sat back in my chair and looked out the window.  It was cold and blustery out there and I was warm and full of food.  It would be the perfect afternoon to just rest up.

"Dad, would you come outside and sled with us?"  Anna asked me.

I hope my face didn't show too much conflict.  Sledding versus warmth, it was a hard decision.

"Sure," I told her.  "Let me get some sledding clothes on."

So it was that I bundled back up in my winter garb and headed out to sled with my children.

We were out there for an hour and I suppose my warm chair inside missed me.  I know for sure that I missed it.

As we went back inside, I was glad.  The tired feeling I had in my legs from trudging up the hill wouldn't last.  Snow days and sledding and icicles hanging from my nose wouldn't last either.

The memories will.

No comments:

Post a Comment