Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

The Wrong Road!


"Dad, I don't see anything in front of us!"  Elliot said in a very concerned voice.

I looked over my shoulder to where my 3 year old son was residing in his car seat.  "It's a good thing there isn't anything in front of us, or we'd run into it," I said.

There was silence for a little while, maybe ten seconds, then Elliot piped up again:  "Dad, I don't think this is the right way to go.  Actually...  I think this is the wrong road!"

We were driving on country roads in Virginia, going to visit Elaine's uncle David.  "Elliot," I said.  "You don't even remember going to Virginia before.  You've never been to Uncle David's house.  How would you know?"

"I don't want to be on the wrong road!"  He wailed.

Hard to believe that a three year old could get worked up, particularly about directions, but he sure could.  Furthermore, Elliot was no GPS.  The roads he thought were the wrong roads were inevitably the right way to go.

As I look at this coming year, it is fresh and untravelled.  The paths within it are unknown to me.

I don't know what the future holds or, everything the next year holds, but I would rely on my God to choose the right paths for me to take.  For, He is trustworthy and far better than a GPS unit at getting me where I need to be -- at the right times, in the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment