Search This Blog

Friday, June 6, 2014

Heartburn



It came to pass, not long ago, that I went to a Mexican Restaurant with my wife and I did order a plate of food that caused my nose to run and my face to sweat. And I enjoyed it greatly.

A little while later, I found that my food was to me as Jesus’ words were to the disciples on the road to Emmaus. For, I found that my heart began to burn within me, or rather my esophagus did, which is much the same thing.

Shortly thereafter, I went to my medicine cabinet and searched and there I found Generic Antacids. And I took them with Much Avail.

I reflected then that heartburn might grant some benefit to Mexicans, but to me, I found it quite uncomfortable and something to be avoided.

Then, I began to recall the Words of Jesus and how they held power and the words of the scribes and Pharisees did not. The people had followed Jesus for these powerful Words. And how David had prized God’s Words more than his necessary food.

There are many Christians who have sat down to a feast of Real Doctrine and got up with a bad case of zeal for Building the Kingdom. Many of them did not enjoy it much at all.

In order to quench this fire, the doctors of the world prescribed the Antacids of Things and Good Deeds and most of all, Shallow Music. They did recommend as well, that these people stay away from God’s Word and from those who proclaimed it truly. And for them, there were provided churches that look very much like churches on the outside, but the words that those churches present are not the Living Word and the zeal is Lacking.

As for me, I will continue to search for food that wakes me up and Words that stimulate my spiritual desire for the Things of God. For, though they are hard to digest, these Words bring the best results in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment