Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2014

Frozen


A couple of weeks ago, quite suddenly with a smell like wires burning, our hot water heater gave up the ghost.  For about twenty-four hours after that, the water coming from the faucets in our home had only one temperature -- two degrees above freezing.

I know this, because I elected to take a shower -- a quite courageous act that I'm sure none of my coworkers truly appreciated.  By the end, I looked much like Princess Anna at the end of Frozen.  Quite clean, perhaps, but chilled to the bone.

It certainly wasn't a very long shower.  The lack of warm water had a chilling effect on my ability to enjoy the experience.

I can tell you that I haven't thanked God for hot water many times in the past, but I have several times since we got our hot water heater replaced.

It is hard to count your blessings if you don't realize that they are blessings.  Sad to say, it is when I lose one that I tend to realize what a blessing it was.

I know that I never valued hot water until I was turned into a shivering ice cube.

I do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment