Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

The Opposite of Pork



"Dad," my five year old daughter asked me.  "What is the opposite of pork?"

Now, I have taken some pretty hard tests -- medical board exams and others, and I have not come across a question that stumped me quite as much as this one.  "I don't know, Anna," I said.

"A spoon, Daddy!" she replied triumphantly.

Anna had just turned five and she was pretty random at times.  I still have no idea what brought this question and answer to her mind, but there was no way that I would get the right answer without her telling me.

It is easy to view life as a test from God, filled with unanswerable questions. 

"Who should I marry?" or, "What occupation should I take up?" or, "Should I move to Kansas or Ohio or, maybe California?"  It almost feels at times like an examination, in which not enough information has been given to supply an answer.

God knows the answer to each question.  He has chosen not to reveal the answers to us before His time.  This is because the test and its questions are not as important to the Almighty as what He hopes we learn through this test:  Trust."

Each "random" event we experience, each unpredictable scene we encounter demonstrates God's greatness and His care for us.  He knows the paths that we take.  We must learn that in the midst of uncertainty, we can always trust Him.

"But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me, I shall come out as gold." Job 23:10

No comments:

Post a Comment