Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2022

Of Dinosaurs and Croccolodials

 


"Look children," I said in my most fatherly of voices.  "It appeareth that we are about to cross the Tennessee River!"

Verily, a guide on a Nile River Cruise has Nothing On Me.  'Tis surprising that I am still plying my trade as a Man of Medicine, rather than Guiding Tours of the Seven Wonders of the World or at least a Cruise Ship Captain.  ("Are We Having Fun Yet?!")

"Hark, I see a boat!"  My daughter, Victoria said, with a ringing shout.

"I see a Croccolodial!"  Quoth my youngest daughter, Elise.

"Hark, I see many boats!"  Spake Elliot in an even louder voice.

"I see..."  One could discern that Elise was pondering what more to share.  "I see a dinosaur in the river!"  Rang out to all in the mini van to hear and then, loudest of all.  "I see a dinosaur in a boat in the river!"

Of course, no one could one-up her on that.  Whilst I was still driving, I took a quick peek at the river.  Clearly the dinosaur had been piloting a very fast boat, for he was long out of sight by the time I looked.

When one has four siblings, each of whom has been gifted by their Creator with a loud voice, she learns to speak with an even Louder Voice.  When your brothers and sisters tell tall tales, your stories must be even taller.

I have discovered that while each human has a voice, not all of us are heard.  Mayhap it is because our voice is not loud enough, or our stories not interesting enough.  Perhaps it is simply because we have the wrong last name and family connections, but many times we feel lost and unheard.

It is a blessing that when we are speaking with our Heavenly Father, we have no difficulty attracting His attention.  He hears, even when our voice doth not rise above a whisper.

Jeremiah 29:12 is a verse in which God told His people, "Then shall ye call upon me and ye shall go out and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you."

God hears us and answers when we call unto Him, even when we do not have stories of croccolodials and dinosaurs in boats in the Tennessee River to surprise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment