Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2016

Knowing My Pilot


I really don't like flying.

There is something about strapping yourself into a metal device that propels you up to bounce above the clouds that just seems unnatural.  If God had really intended for us to fly, you would think He'd have given us wings, not these spindly things we call arms and legs.

I think part of the issues is that I don't really know who's flying the plane.  To me, the pilot is just a disembodied voice saying things like "We're expecting some turbulence for the next forty-five minutes, so please return to your seats and fasten your seat belts."

If I knew the pilot and co-pilot, maybe I would trust them to take me from one end of my journey to the other -- regardless of the weather we might face in the middle.

Of course, I have no chance to get to know these fine folks, but when it comes to life, I have opportunity to get to know my Pilot -- if I choose to do so.

You see, Jesus is not my co-pilot, He is my Pilot.  I trust He will guide me as He wants, but there are plenty of times when Jesus takes my plane and steers it directly into a hurricane with gale force winds.  Only because I know Him can I believe that He knows what He is doing and will fly me out the other side.

I am afraid that many folks choose the middle of the storm to throw themselves on God's mercy.  Then, when the clouds finally clear, they forget about the importance of a pilot in their life.

I have found, that to have peace in the storm, I need to know my pilot before hand.  Only then can I have the confidence to know that He will carry me through -- whatever I am facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment